Getting a new roof installed is one of the best investments you can ever make in your home, not only does a new roof increase your home appearance, it also improves your home’s efficiency and can increase the resale value. However, this is only the case if it stays that way like the rest of your home’s exteriors and interiors. However, your roof needs maintenance to make sure it stays in good condition for its expected lifespan.
Signs You Need To Clean Your Roof
The first thing you can ask yourself before you proceed to cleaning your roof is to know how old it is, if your roof is at least 8-10 years old, or maybe it is time to evaluate your shingles for mould, algae, lichen, or moss. Mould and algae can eat away your roof if left untreated and can decompose your roof shingles and other outer surfaces of your property. Algae survive in moist, humid areas and especially under shades, if you have a large tree that shades your roof almost all day, you may be more susceptible to algae or mould growth.
The growth of algae on your roof appears to look like black streaks or a faded colour which you should easily be able to see without having to climb a ladder to see it. It can appear to look greenish or whitish in colour, And it is almost mossy, going across the roof as well. Any change in colour can be a sign that you need to get your roof cleaned by an expert, roof cleaners know particularly what to look out for and how to diagnose the issue at hand before they use any tools or cleaning materials to clean your roof.
Dangers Of Cleaning Your Roof Yourself
The major reason you never want to clean your roof by yourself is due to the fact that it is very dangerous, specifically for homeowners with lack of experience. Without the right tools and safety equipment or materials, you can injure yourself, or can even end up destroying the roof which results in expensive maintenance and repair or replacement.
Some homeowners have this thought that pressure washing is the right method to clean their roof or that they can just get their ladders and climb up and start to pressure wash their shingles to be clean. Not only can it finally destroy your house, but it may result in injuries and falls too. Soft washing is the right way to clean a roof, using the right solution and soap to make sure that the roof does not only become clean, but remains clean at all times. Highly acidic detergent or cleaning agents can just end up causing more damage, or you will find more mould growth down your home if the bacterias are not destroyed properly.
Finally, bees and hornets frequently love to make their nest in a difficult to notice places close to your roof, the last thing you expect to happen when you are on top of your ladder is to come in contact with a hornets nest that can only result to stings, unexpected falls and damage roofing or gutters. So lastly leave the roof cleaning to the experts.
The Benefits Of Hiring Professional Roof Cleaning Services
Hiring An Expert Cleaning Services
This is a whole lot safer for both people and the roof, the experts know what to do and how to go about getting your roof looking appealing and looking brand new. Search for companies that do soft washing instead of pressure washing, the soft washing uses a solution that kills any bacteria like algae, mould, or any other thing that has taken control of your roof. This makes available gentle cleanses as well as length of service the roof can offer you. The problem pressure washing has is that it blows away granules and blows up your shingles too. This can allow moisture to access your attic, resulting in even more growth of moss inside your home.
An Expert Can Do A Complete Evaluation
This is important for your home and property in order to make sure other parts of your exterior have not been flooded with algae and mould growth. They will notice if your roof is damaged and needs more maintenance other than cleaning. They will also use the right tools and methods to make sure your roof gets to its expected lifespan without disappointment or further damage.
- Prevent continuous growth of mould – professionals make sure that you trim down any shading tree, most especially in humid climates. Look out for algae frequently or set up a reminder maintenance plan for your roof. You can as well purchase algae-resistant shingles.
- Saves time in all areas of roof maintenance – if you DIY for the very first time, then doing a research surely takes hours and days too, but apart from that, you have to get all your tools and materials together, walking to and fro to the store to figure out how the repair works. This is very exhausting, so instead of passing through all the stress, go hire an expert and they will be able to climb up the roof and finish everything upon it in a very short amount of time. And the advantage there is that you get to go about your other daily activities.
- Get to enjoy workmanship and manufacturer’s warranty – When something goes bad with your newly maintained roof, expert roof cleaning contractors stand out in what they do. This means that they provide warranties to make sure that when your roof gets destroyed in the process, they will be able to repair it all over at no cost, but DIY roof repair invalidates the roofing warranty. Manufacturers demand that experts in roof cleaning should be the one to work on the roof if the homeowner were to benefit the manufacturer’s warranties.
- Prevents the dancers from climbing on roof – no matter where you are based in the world, most times the weather can be unpredictable, it can be a cloudy day and you can decide to take on the roof. But before you know it the sun shows up and obstructs your view, you may not want to stop what you are doing halfway through especially if you want to get the task done. Minor changes in weather result in roofing accidents, if you are fortunate, you would have incurred only but a few scratches or a sprained ankle.
- The task gets done – Roof cleaning requires a lot of physical work just like a hard workout, it needs a lot of strength, actively productive and staying power will suffice to make it work. Roofing contractors deal with the art of roof repairs successfully, this depends on the complexity and how serious the roof is damaged, contractors can finish everything up in Just one day. But a DIY comes across different distractions that can result in an unfinished DIY roof maintenance. For example, it is either you get a call from your workplace or your neighbours or loved ones. They may need extra help from you with something and so on and so forth. A break in this can exhaust your energy. And for this reason, you then call it a day.
- Available tools and materials are much less expensive – an expert roof cleaning contract helps in Saving money because the contractors work closely with manufacturers, they have access to roofing material, tools, and products at a less expensive rate. When it comes to the tools needed, of course, contractors have a complete set, these materials allow them to finish up the task easily and efficiently. Invest your money on an expert who knows how to give you an outstanding result, and do not think that experts’ maintenance cost is high. Imagine the long-term benefits that saves you time and money in the long run.
- Achieve a neat and clean roof at the end – for a DIY, after about 10 hours of roof maintenance and cleaning, he/she may not have the time to clean up the mess that resulted from the cleaning of the roof and may choose to clean off another day. This is bad because detritus that fell from the roof can cause home accidents, more especially if little children are around. You can be rest assured of a clean area by the end of the day when you hire an expert in roof cleaning.
If you need help with anything else please feel free to call us on