Cleaning a tarmac driveway is a relatively easy process, and can be done with a simple garden hose. First, use a broom to sweep away any loose dirt or debris from the surface of the driveway. Next, spray the driveway down with water from the hose, making sure to get all the way to the edges. Finally, use a brush to scrub any stubborn dirt or grime, algae or moss that is present. Repeat this process if necessary to keep your driveway looking clean and new. A pressure wash can be used to clean the tarmac driveway, but caution has to be applied while using it.
Cleaning A Tarmac Driveway Using A Pressure Washer
tarmac driveways can be cleaned using a pressure washer by following the steps below;
- Sweep away any loose dirt or debris from the surface of the driveway with a broom.
- Attach the pressure washer to an outdoor faucet and turn it on to full power.
- Start spraying the driveway down from one end and work your way across, making sure to get all the way to the edges.
- Use the brush attachment on the pressure washer to scrub any stubborn dirt or grime, algae or moss that is still on the surface of the driveway.
- Repeat this process where necessary in order to keep your driveway looking clean again.
Cleaning A Tarmac Driveway Without A Pressure Washer
The good news is that you can still clean your tarmac driveway without the use of a pressure washer. There are many other ways that can be used to clean a tarmac driveway apart from a pressure washer. The method involves the following step by step processes as listed below;
- Sweep or rake the driveway clean of any loose dirt, leaves or stones.
- Pour a diluted detergent solution over the driveway and use a stiff brush to work it in.
- Rinse the driveway with a hose, directing the water flow from one end and working your way across, making sure to get all the way to the edges.
- Use a broom to sweep up any remaining water and debris.
- Allow the driveway to dry thoroughly before parking on it or driving on it.
Alternatively you can also clean the tarmac driveway by:
- Pour a gallon of bleach mixed with water into a bucket.
- Dip a stiff brush into the mixture and start scrubbing the driveway.
- Rinse off the driveway with a hose attachment.
- Repeat as necessary to keep your driveway looking clean and new.
If you need help with anything else please feel free to call us on